The 6 Things to do This Homecoming Week
Hey there fellow Redbirds! It is that time of the year again! The smell of school spirit is in the air! Whether it is your freshmen year or you are finishing up your last few classes this semester, Homecoming is the best time of the year! Here are the six top things to do this week!
- The Homecoming Carnival: On Wednesday, Oct. 21, UPB will host The Homecoming Carnival! The event will be hosted on the first floor of the Bone Student Center. Students will be able to participate in fun games and carnival activities. The Gamma Phi Circus will be performing! This is an event that you will not want to miss. Take an hour to break away from studying and enjoy the festivities, starting 7-11 p.m.
- Homecoming Bonfire: On Friday, Oct. 23, UPB will be hosting the Homecoming Bonfire outside of Tri Towers. The event will take place from 9-11 p.m. The bonfire is a time-honored tradition for all redbirds! Best part is that it is free. Make memories with your roommates and embrace your #Redbirdpride
- Town and Gown 5K: It is safe to say that Saturday is going to be the busiest day of the year. Start the best day of the year off right with a morning run with your classmates. With a day full of tailgating, and enjoying the game, a morning workout with your roommates will energize you, and help get the most out of Homecoming. The Town and Gown will start at 8 a.m. There is also an option to run the 5K (3.1 miles) or the one-mile walk option. Checkout the ISU website for registration information.
- Homecoming Parade: On Saturday, starting at 10 a.m. the parade will start located on the corner of University Street and College Avenue. Different clubs and organizations will be represented at the parade such as TRiO, AMDA (Apparel Merchandising and Design Association), PARS and The Big Red Marching Machine. This is an event that can be enjoyed by alumni, siblings, children and students alike.
- Homecoming Game and Tailgate: The main event of the week will start at 2 p.m. on Saturday. The Redbirds take on the Western Illinois Leathernecks at Hancock Stadium. Show your #Redbirdpride at the game! Do not forget to look for WALK2CLASS at the tailgate! We have excellent promotional items! We are excited to see some familiar and new faces, and to share this experience with you guys!
- Mike and Joe Concert at Daddios: After a week of embracing your #Redbirdpride nothing quite finishes off a great week like a performance from one of ISU’s favorite cover bands, Mike and Joe. On Saturday night enjoy the rest of Homecoming week with hit songs from the ‘90s to now. Remember, that you have to be 21 and over to attend the concert at Downtown Bloomington. Bring your parents, roommates, and alumni to enjoy songs like Inside Out, I Don’t Wanna Be (Hello One Tree Hill fans!) and songs from your favorite bands growing up like Blink 182 and others!
Remember that this event is to be enjoyed by all. Represent Illinois State University with pride and respect. Enjoy this week with family and friends. Stay safe, and act responsibly this week!
#RedbirdHomecoming #RedbirdPride #ilstu #Illinoisstateunvirsity #walk2thegame #walk2class #college #studentapartments